Wednesday 19 December 2012

How to prolonged DSLR battery life

Salam, so sorry aku tak update blog this few weeks sebab been busy with my college and project work. This entry I'll show you how to save battery power and to prolonged it when using or during shooting, based on my experience. hehe.. :-)

Step 1:
When the first time you all beli camera (any camera tak semestinya DSLR, or even handphones), setengah penjual tu nanti cakap  charge 8 hours for the first time. My answer is NO, you should not do that! Don't ever over charge any type of battery like seriously. You must stop charging immediately when it is full. Some camera battery only needs around 2 and a half hours like mine. (im using Canon 1000D).

Step 2:
As for me, I always use Manual Mode. When in Manual Mode, you must do all the work yourself, as in Auto mode or Semi Auto, it makes your camera think and when your camera think, it uses a lot of energy that is our battery. The same goes to us when we were studying or thinking, much later we'll feel hungry, it's our brain uses a lot of energy.

Step 3:
Like I said in step 2, put your lens too in Manual Focus. For me this really improve your battery life  and you can see the difference during photo shoot. Besides, manual focus is the best!

Step 4:
Turn off your LCD monitor on the back of the camera. (Check your manual how to do that). Don't worry, you can look the settings that you set like your Shutter speed, ISO, Aperture, and Metering mode, or even the Flash power in the view finder. You can see all these settings in your view finder when you press your Shutter Button halfway as shown in the image below.



Step 5:
Turn off Auto Rotate. Again, check your manual guide on how to do that.

Step 6:
Do not edit your photo in your camera. 

Step 7:
Turn off your high ISO noise reduction. But in this step, it don't really matter turning off or not if high quality picture really does matter to you.

I think that's all that I can think off. Put your feedback in the comments below or if you have more steps how to save the battery power.
Thank you for reading my blog, till then, salam. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment